Thursday, November 10, 2005

an outburst

In Latvia there is a stereotype that there are a few Russians in Estonia. Before agreeing to this statement, consider 'a call to a friend' option...
I don't know how many Russians are here, but unambiguously many. And the same as in Latvia. Of course, I am not talking about those who peacefully live their lives, study, work, raise children, do shopping and sit next to me in the public transport and read a book. I'm talking about the striking ones, about those who, I admit, derogate the whole Russian nation in my eyes to the level that I really do loathe them. Those bold ones wearing sweatpants and leather coats, those swearing, nibbling seeds of a sunflower, and drinking pure vodka in busstops or stairways. You say rasist? Biased? Aight!

No doubt, it starts with the history - at least I will NEVER EVER, AT NO TIME, UNDER NO CONDITIONS, IN NO CASE, NOT ON MY LIFE, BY NO MEANS, NOWAY forgive Latvia's occupation in 1940. I will NEVER forgive the losses, strokes, and
bruises of my country and its people. I bet I'd say the same if I was Estonian or Lithuanian, for the 20th century Baltic's history is pretty alike.
I know I've said before that it seems really strange to me that Estonians won't speak to you in Russian even if they had studies this language for years. It's the 21st century, after all - the era of business and globalization... On the other hand - this is what I really DO appreciate! Having lived in a foreign country I know now myself that it is NOT impossible to learn the language of the country which you are living in. Even without learning, by simply being here, I - a Latvian, a person whose own native language has NOTHING in common with Estonian - have acquired it to the level that I can at least do the shopping and ask what time it is... You don't see the point? Well, I don't know how it's in Estonia, but in Latvia Russians claim they are being discriminated because of the different language!
?????????
huh?
wtf?

As the Latvian independence day is coming on 18th Novemeber, some Russian deputies are going to organzie a conference on "Democracy in Latvia"... I mean - WHAT?
In that conference they could take the ultimate, the crucial decision: TO MOVE TO KALINIGRAD or KAMCHATKA!

4 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Blogger KRISTIN said...

Well said! Good girl! :D

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Dace said...

;) Thanks!

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger superclosetnerd said...

Some good posts and comments on here, glad I found it. I'm laying down a bookmark so I can come back later, I gotta go off to work now. My new site if anyone's interested (I don't really like it yet but I'm working on it and am new at it) --- :)

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger No Hassle Loans said...

Have you tried Phentramine or Hoodia Diet Pills? They have a good selection here Hoodia Weightloss Pills

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home